Tap Into Your Own Board of Directors To Rebuild & Grow
Businesses of all shapes and sizes are facing some serious challenges right now and need help to recover from the impact of the devastating coronavirus pandemic. Black businesses and the VCSE sector have been disproportionately affected.
We’ve teamed up with Be The Business and the North West Business Leadership Team to offer a tailored programme for ambitious Black business owners who want to achieve significant growth.
Our free Be The Business Advisory Board offers new ways for leaders of Black-owned firms to tackle their challenges, sharpen their thinking and develop their commercial acumen with the help of a group of business leaders committed to helping the firm to succeed. They don’t have to go it alone.
What’s On Offer?
Enjoy non-executive director style support from a group of experienced business people, made up of leaders and senior managers from larger businesses.
Benefit, over the course of 12 months, from their guidance on finance, marketing, operations, HR or other specialisms.
Your advisory board will be there to do just that – advise. And they’ll work to your agenda, focusing on the areas where you need support.
You’re still the boss, but your board will provide:
- Support and advice on the issues you’re facing
- An external perspective, and objective input
- A sounding board to talk through ideas and strategy
- Reassurance you’re heading in the right direction
You’ll meet with your board four times over the course of the year – virtually, initially – and we’ll schedule sessions around your availability.
Who is the programme for?
Leaders of businesses with between 5 and 250 employees.
Who will be on your board?
Representatives of successful businesses including Peel Group, Virgin Money, EY, and Cisco make up our boards. Each of our boards is made up of five members from different organisations, supported by someone capturing notes and actions on the day. All the board members have volunteered their time, and have different skillsets, experience, insights and reasons for joining the board.
Ready to begin benefitting from this opportunity?
Here are the next steps…
- Complete an expression of interest form telling us about your business and what you would love to gain from the input and support of an advisory board.
- If we are able to offer you a place on the programme, our co-ordinators will talk through the board papers with you and offer any help you need to prepare for your first meeting.
- Dates for all four quarterly meetings will be arranged up front, and they’ll be held online.
- Before each meeting, you’ll produce a summary board report that gives the board members the information they need about your business’s performance.
- At the meeting, you’ll talk the board through your issues, and they’ll give input and ask questions to help clarify your options.
- You can then identify actions that you want to take in order to move your business forward.