About the Manchester Innovation Activities Hub
The Manchester Innovation Activities Hub (MIAH) is a unique £4 million industrialization and electrification skills training centre to accelerate the shift to a cleaner, greener and fairer economy in Greater Manchester.
Consisting of 25,000 sq ft of dedicated industrial makerspace, workshops, and training rooms, the MIAH Centre will open this Autumn and is located within the new Base development in Manchester Science Park, Hulme.
This ground-breaking facility will rapidly upskill, reskill and new skill low-income residents in automotive electrification and Industry 4.0 technologies to progress them into well paid, hard-to-fill occupations requiring specialist technical skills with Greater Manchester’s innovation ecosystem. It will also provide access to industrial grade equipment and workshop spaces to innovative SMEs seeking to prototype clean growth products and services to achieve net zero.
MIAH exists to bridge the inequality divide, bringing together industry, universities, the community, job seekers, workers and schools all under one roof. We want everyone to benefit from the growth in the green economy, by removing the significant barriers to inclusion.
Who We’re Looking For?
A confident individual, with excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience of developing relationships that will help our organisation to grow its network effectively. The delivery of a high level of good customer service will be key to this role.
You will be responsible for developing and leading on the MIAH’S outreach programme and contribute to achieving the outcomes of the Manchester Green Employment and Skills Partership led by One Manchester Housing which aims to transition local residents into tech or green job roles where there are skills shortages.
You will be experienced in outreach methods and tools including social media, will lead on the relationship development and buy-in of organisations, employers and individuals and the continued management of existing relationships that have already been secured.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within seven days, please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to:-
· Devise and implement a programme of outreach and engagement activities using proven tools and methodologies to raise awareness of MIAH, track progress and monitor and record achievements.
· Work collaboratively with partner organisations from the Manchester Green Employment and Skills Partnership to develop joint outreach approaches
· Build strong relationships with grassroot organisations, local employers, professionals and other stakeholders
· Work with the Greater Manchester Learning Providers Network to build strong working partnerships with other training and service providers to develop progression pathways for participants undertaking training with the Manchester Green Employment and Skills Partnership
· Act as a point of contact for businesses, professionals and other external parties contacting MIAH to learn about how we are contributing to the green skills and levelling up agenda.
· Deliver presentations on MIAH activities across the city region
· Contribute to the production of marketing materials in a variety of media to build brand awareness.
· To represent MIAH within external forums.
· Attend relevant outreach and networking events across the city region
You must have:-
· Experience of organising or helping to organise events
· Proven knowledge of outreach strategies, techniques and approaches that deliver results
· Budgetary and resources management skills
· Extensive community and business contacts within the Greater Manchester
· Experience in data capture, compiling and circulating progress reports on activity against targets
· Expertise in managing communications including responding to queries
· A professional manner and attitude
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
· Ability to work as part of a team
· IT literate: Familiar with using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and web applications including email, e-marketing, s-surveys, e-discussion groups, etc.
The list of duties is not exhaustive, but outlines the main features of the post at appointment and may vary as the job evolves without affecting the nature of the duties or the responsibility level.
Please send a copy of your CV and personal statement to email@example.com.