BLACK UNITED REPRESENTATION NETWORK | MANCHESTER, UK
Job Title: Programme Manager (Fixed Term Opportunity)
Salary: £35,000 – 39,000 Per Annum
Reports to: Managing Director
BURN CIC is a membership based not-for-profit organisation which exists to tackle the persistent racial inequalities that impact people of African descent in Greater Manchester and the north through growing the number of Black leaders in senior decision making positions, developing Black businesses to become contract and export ready, and growing trade links with Africa and the Caribbean.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Programme Manager on a fixed term (until April 2022), full time (37 hours per week) basis, with the opportunity to extend further.
You will be responsible for managing the BURN suite of programmes. You will be experienced in programme and project methods and tools, will lead project managers, will provide advice to decision makers and stakeholders, and will manage a pool of BURN Associates who will work with us to deliver our suite of programmes.
We are looking for a confident individual, with proven experience of developing effective and results driven programmes and can shape a personalised and outstanding level of customer service to those taking part part in our programmes. You will be expected to design the programme development plan, review with the Managing Director and implement to deliver achieve agreed targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to:-
- Planning and designing BURN programmes and proactively monitoring their progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the governance arrangements of BURN programmes
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the BURN programmes – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing programme budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as programmes progress
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the programme’s successful outcome
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in programmes are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programmes at regular intervals
You must have:-
- At least three years Program Management experience including good knowledge of programme and project management methods (good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes)
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Strategic Planning skills
- Analysis skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- A professional manner and attitude
- IT literate: Familiar with using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, project management software and web applications including email, e-marketing, s-surveys, e-discussion groups, etc.