Salary: £23,000 – 26,000 Per Annum
Reports to: Managing Director and Office Manager
Hours: Full Time
Location: Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3WD
BURN CIC is a membership based not-for-profit organisation which exists to tackle the persistent racial inequalities that impact people of African descent in Greater Manchester and the north through growing the number of Black leaders in senior decision making positions, developing Black businesses to become contract and export ready, and growing trade links with Africa and the Caribbean.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Social Media & Marketing Assistant on a full time basis (37 hours), with the opportunity to extend further.
The key responsibilities of the Social Media & Marketing Assistant will be to focus on adapting and taking action on BURN‘s content marketing strategy as well as developing and strengthening BURNs brand awareness, digital presence and driving social media growth. You will work with the Managing Director and Office Manager to oversee delivery of the suite of BURN’s programmes to defined performance standards as regulated by the SLA, according to set milestones.
This role will act as Black United Representation Network’s Social Media Content Producer, specialising in social media video content and communications with focused attention on supporting and creating social content strategy & activations, monitoring performance, and creating and scheduling content across multiple social channels. This person will support driving the KPIs and commerce through the power of social.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Planning, designing and delivering social media video content across our IG, Twitter and LinkedIn social pages and proactively monitoring engagement levels.
- Generate creative ideas for social content for campaigns.
- Create relevant re-active assets, in particular Instagram Stories, Reels and TikTok.
- Work with Managing Director to develop new social initiatives to drive KPI’s
- Attend campaign and internal shoots, capturing BTS content, editing videos and helping to inform direction for maximum impact on social channels.
- Analyse and report on success on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis including future recommendations to test.
- Monitor competitor activity and social trends on a weekly basis to ensure brand remains relevant.
You must have:-
- Substantial social media management experience (essential) (2 years minimum)
- Experience in both organic and paid social delivery (essential)
- Experience in managing and creating social media content, strategy and execution (essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of social media management tools such as Buffer (essential)
- Understanding of content marketing and a range of digital campaign tactics (desirable)
- Experience with creation of visual assets for social media using relevant tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Premiere Pro (desirable)
- Experience of developing campaign strategies and a track record of success (desirable)
- Ability to work in both a team environment and use initiative to work independently (essential)
- Good analytical understanding to organise and interpret data. Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- A professional manner and attitude
- Be IT literate: Familiar with using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, project management software and web applications including email, e-marketing, surveys etc.
- A sound understanding of social media industry and platforms
- A creative mind, thinking innovatively when it comes to social media and content campaigns
- Create newsletter, blogs, Vlogs and other opportunities for member engagement and feedback
- Work with other BURN teammates to create marketing campaigns for BURN initiatives using innovative approaches and concepts
- Analyses and reports audience information, demographics and success of existing social media projects
- Organised and process-driven approach to work
- Thrives in a fast paced and agile environment
- Strong communicator both internally and externally
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, happy to get involved in a variety of activities
- Team player, working with teams across the business