Membership ManagerBlack United Representation Network | Manchester, UK
Salary: £35,000 – 39,000 Per Annum
Fixed Term Opportunity
Membership and Marketing Manager Job Description (Fixed Term Opportunity )
BURN CIC is a membership based not-for-profit organisation which exists to tackle the persistent racial inequalities that impact people of African descent in Greater Manchester through growing the number of Black leaders in senior decision making positions, developing Black businesses to become contract and export ready, and growing trade links with Africa and the Caribbean.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Membership and Marketing Manager on a fixed term (until April 2021), full time (37 hours per week) basis, with the opportunity to extend further.
You will be responsible for attracting and growing the membership base through new member sales, and developing initiatives that will increase revenues, including affinity and sponsorship schemes, and corporate engagement.
We are looking for a confident individual, with proven experience of developing results driven marketing strategies who can shape a personalised and outstanding level of customer service to our membership for active retention. You will be expected to design the membership development plan, review with the Managing Director and implement to deliver achieve agreed targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to:
- drive membership from its existing base within a fixed time period.
- develop and deliver our strategic marketing vision, including, offline, online and all content;
- establish marketing goals and forecasts and deliver these;
- review current offerings and develop product initiatives;
- lead our marketing campaigns in locally and nationally
- secure patron sponsors who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in PR activity including the publication of press releases
You must have:-
- At least three years marketing experience, preferably with a professional membership organization like a chamber of commerce.
- Proven knowledge of marketing strategies, techniques and approaches that deliver results, in addition to member relationship management skills and techniques
- Budgetary and resources management skills
- Extensive network of professional and business contacts within the Greater Manchester business ecosystem to draw upon.
- Expertise in capturing data, compiling and circulating progress reports on activity against targets e.g. growth projections, campaign effectiveness, response timescales for membership enquiries, etc.
- Expertise in managing member communications including responding to member queries and the production and inventory of membership and marketing material e.g. letters, newsletters, e-bulletins and brochures
- Experience of organising and managing member events and recognition programmes
- Experience in maintaining accurate membership records and marketing databases
- Strong project management, budgetary control and resource management skills
- A professional manner and attitude
- Good written and oral communication skills
- IT literate: Familiar with using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, project management software and web applications including email, e-marketing, s-surveys, e-discussion groups, etc.
To apply, please send your cv and covering letter to email@example.com.
Other jobs at BURN
4x Kickstart Vacancies