& scale up
A public sector contract readiness programme for Black businesses and VCSEs.
This FREE programme is designed to provide an understanding of both the procurement cycle and the tendering process; to help Black organisations grow and expand through winning public and corporate sector contracts, so they can generate new jobs, wealth and prosperity.
Over the 6 weeks you will:
- Gain an understanding of the procurement cycle and the tendering process
- Learn how to register your interest and find ‘best fit’ tender opportunities
- Have an overview of the tender evaluation model, showing how tenders are scored and the relative weighting between Quality and Price, to increase your chances of winning
- Come to appreciate the benefits of prudent financial planning
- Identify essential policies for delivery and management of services
- The workshops will be interactive with examples to bring practice and theory to life. You will meet other ambitious organisations to learn from, develop supportive networks and, potentially to collaborate with on larger projects.
Session one: Meet Star Procurement
An opportunity to meet a local public sector buyer who can help you better understand what they are looking for.
Session two: How to win public sector contracts
A two part session designed to help you master the art of responding to tender questions effectively.
Part 1: Understanding public sector procurement
Part 2: Tender responses that improve your chances of winning
Session Three: Good Governance
How to structure your organisation to support effective decision-making, and management of people and resources in a way that inspires buyer/funder confidence.
Session four: Financial management
Master the art of budgeting, financial forecasts, and pricing to deliver growth.
Session five: Policies
Ensuring you have the right policies in place to guide good business and management practices to ensure your compliance with the law.
Session six: Review & step up
Share learning, celebrate successes, and test the appetite for bidding for contracts greater than £180k.
Register your interest now and a member of our team will contact you to discuss next steps.