PROGRAMME SCHEDULE March – April 2021
Our Restore Strengthen & Scale Up programme – a public sector contract readiness programme for Black businesses and VCSEs – will go live from the 16 March. It will be led by a variety of local tender and procurement professionals and partners, who are experts in their field.
This FREE programme delivers on our commitment to help Black organisations to grow and expand through winning public and corporate sector contracts, so they can generate new jobs, wealth and prosperity and benefit from the post COVID economic bounce back to build back stronger.
The initial six week programme is designed to provide the leaders of Black owned businesses, social enterprises and charities with an understanding of both the procurement cycle, and the tendering process, and what it takes to win contracts up to £180K. The aim is to make our organisations less reliant on grant funding. The course will walk you through the process.
Over the 6 weekly 2.5 hour sessions, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the procurement cycle and the tendering process
- Learn how to register your interest and find ‘best fit’ tender opportunities
- Have an overview of the tender evaluation model, showing how tenders are scored and the relative weighting between Quality and Price, to increase your chances of winning
- Come to appreciate the benefits of prudent financial planning
- Identify essential policies for delivery and management of services
The workshops will be interactive with examples to bring practice and theory to life. You will meet other ambitious organisations to learn from, develop supportive networks and, potentially to collaborate with on larger projects.
Participants need only choose to attend ONE regular session per week – EITHER regular Tuesday morning (0930 – midday) OR Thursday afternoon sessions (1230- 1500).
There will be a maximum of 10 x participants per session ONLY. As places are limited, we would advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.
To book your place please email email@example.com indicating your preference for either morning or afternoon sessions, so that further joining instructions can be sent. Places will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Our course dates for your diary are as follows;
1. SESSION ONE: MEET STAR PROCUREMENT – This is your opportunity to meet a local public sector buyer who can help you better understand what they are looking for.
Morning session: Tuesday 16 March 0930 – 1200
- SESSION TWO: HOW TO WIN PUBLIC SECTOR CONTRACTS. A two part session designed to help you master the art of responding to tender questions effectively.
Part 1: Understanding public sector procurement
Morning Session: Tuesday 23 March 0930 – 1200
Afternoon Session: Thursday 25 March 1230 – 1500
Part 2: Tender responses that improve your chances of winning
Morning Session: Tuesday 30 March 0930 – 1200
Afternoon Session: Thursday 1 April 1230-1500
- SESSION THREE: GOOD GOVERNANCE. How to structure your organisation to support effective decision-making, and management of people and resources in a way that inspires buyer/funder confidence.
Morning Session: Tuesday 6 April 0930 – 1200
Afternoon Session: Thursday 8 April 1230-1500
- SESSION FOUR: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT. Master the art of budgeting, financial forecasts, and pricing to deliver growth
Morning Session: Tuesday 13 April 0930 – 1200
Afternoon Session: Thursday 15 April 1230 – 1500
- SESSION FIVE: POLICIES – Ensuring you have the right policies in place to guide good business and management practices to ensure your compliance with the law.
Morning Session: Tuesday 20 April 0930 – 1200
Afternoon Session: Thursday 22 April 1230 – 1500
- SESSION SIX: REVIEW & STEP UP. Share learning, celebrate successes, and test the appetite for bidding for contracts greater than £180k.
Morning Session: Tuesday 27 April 0930 – 1200
Afternoon Session: Thursday 29 April 1230 – 1500
Book your place today. Email Info@burncic.org to boost your organisation’s growth and development through becoming contract ready. We look forward to welcoming you.
Basil Creese, Learning & Development Manager