BURN will act as a one stop shop providing quality services both for Black run organisations and individuals as well as progressive mainstream organisations who want to work with us to deliver systemic change by posting jobs and contract opportunities. Our activities will include:-
- Representation. Mobilising and growing an army of Black leaders with the competences and capabilities to fill senior decision-making and leadership roles within civic, public sector, education and business sectors so the economy works for us too!
- Ecosystem building. Accelerated growth and capacity building of the Black business and Third sector to work collaboratively to win investment and large contracts, create thousands of well-paid jobs and trap wealth by doing business with each other.
- Economic Empowerment. Education, networking, staging of events, conferences and investment summits to leverage and channel the spending power of people of African descent, known as the Black Pound to increase our influence within the wider UK society.
- Advocacy – Becoming a strong and compelling voice for change within the Greater Manchester ecosystem to influence policy makers. We’re calling for 1% of the GMCA’s £8 billion annual budget to be ringfenced and spent with Black organisations to level the playing field – that’s £80 million to create over 2000 well paid jobs to reduce the inequality divide.
- Skills For The Future. Develop bespoke EdTech solutions for education, skills training, recruitment and career progression to enable Black talent to secure well paid jobs in the high growth Tech, Digital, Health & Innovation, Advanced Manufacturing and Low Carbon sectors.
- Youth development. Establish a BURN Academy to develop a pipeline of young people with the confidence, skills and competences to excel in life and their careers and make a positive contribution to Greater Manchester as future leaders.
- Africa Trade. Become an economic powerhouse catalysing trade links with Africa and the Black Diaspora in the Americas to grow wealth and prosperity within the global African family to release Black people’s awesome potential as leaders, influencers and business magnates.